Friday 4 May 2007

Traonach - Corncrake


Hurrah! Tá Traonach s'againn ar ais! (Our Corncrake is back!) Chuala mé é aréir (I heard him last night). I gceann míosa nó níos luaithe beidh mé ar mire leis mar go mbeidh sé ag scairtigh i rith na hoíche! (In month's time or even before I'll be cursing him as he'll be calling all night and I won't be able to sleep!) Ach tá mé sásta gur fhill sé - tá sé níos moille i mbliana, tá a chuid comraidí anseo le níos mó na seachtain. (But I'm happy that he has returned, the first corncrakes of the season are here for over a week) Bhí mé ag caint le Sandy cupla lá ó shin agus tá siad níos moille achan áit i mbliana. (I was talking to Sandy - the Corncrake Field worker for Donegal - a few days ago and she was telling me that they {the corncrakes} are later than usual arriving this year).

3 comments:

CarolineO said...

I'm delighted the corncrake is alive and well in Tory, haven't heard one down these parts in years! Have a great bank holiday weekend!

Karva said...

Noelle just found your blog WOW what fab pics, the island looks so beautiful and the kids, such cuties :0) :) have a fab weekend.

Caroline Moore said...

Love the blog Noelle and the piccies are beautiful - makes me want to visit Tory :)